Supacote is a superior quality dry mix, cement based, polymer modified render containing washed and graded silica sand, light weight additives and proprietary additives. Supacote has been formulated with powdered additives that will ensure excellent application properties and workability. Supacote is generally used for achieving a thickness of 6-8mm and greater in a single application; providing the ideal base for the subsequent application of a variety of Decorative Textures and Top Coats.
Clay and Concrete Brickwork, Concrete blocks, Concrete Pre-Cast Panels, Polystyrene Panels, AAC Panels (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete) *Hebel® blocks / panels.
Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected. Surface preparation is the responsibility of the Builder / Renovator / Main Contractor and the Applicator.
All surfaces to be rendered must be clean, sound, and free from all forms of dirt, oil, bond-breakers, releasing agents, any other contaminants and any loose or flaking material.
Mix one (1) 18kg bag of Supacote to 3.8 – 4.1 litres of clean water in a pail using a power stirrer. Disperse the powder into a creamy, lump free consistency. Allow the mix to stand for 5 minutes, remix before use or before adjusting consistency; if required. DO NOT exceed 4.4 litres of clean water per 18kg bag of Supacote. Excess mixing of water may result in surface crazing, cracking and/or delaminating.
Apply 6 – 8mm thickness working on a 1- 2m2 area and immediately finishing with a suitable straight edge and polystyrene float. Work in this fashion until the whole area is a flat, even, uniform and level surface.
Pot Life: When mixed with water the maximum pot life is two (2) hours.
- Do not apply Render over expansion joints
- Render should be completely dry before application of texture or top coats. A minimum of 3 days and ideally 7 days from date of application, however drying will take longer at lower temperatures or higher relative humidity.
- A General Guide to hardening/drying – Allow 1 day per 2mm thickness (render will reach maximum strength in 28 days from application)
- Avoid application in full sun, on hot surfaces or in hot windy conditions. Application should be carried out on a day with temperatures above 10°C and below 30°C
- Primer/Top coat/ Paint should not be applied to mineral coating until sufficiently hardened and dried.