JPS Coatings HP Membrane is an extremely weather resistant highly flexible water-based acrylic coating that can produce a range of smooth or textured finishes. The system is specifically prepared for application using a roll-on technique and has two different textures to choose from – Fine and Coarse. Fine and Coarse are the same material but by using different types of rollers you can achieve a fine finish or a coarse finish. It can also be applied using a nap roller on rendered or textured surfaces to give paint like finish. It resists extremes of weather and atmosphere attack and shows a high resistance to moulds and fungi.
JPS Coatings HP Membrane is an acrylic rubber-like coating, which has been formulated for use on all porous surfaces including concrete, fibrous cement sheeting, brickwork and render. For decorating, restoring and protecting exterior and interior walls, balustrades, beams and columns. It has a great variety of interesting textural effects and colour combinations. It is highly resistant to water and weather with no joints or seams and maximum elasticity.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS’
- Safe & Easy to apply, water based
- Easy & safe water clean up
- Excellent resistance to UV, weathering
- Tint-able to an extensive range of colours
- Excellent water resistance
- Excellent flexibility, accommodates minor cracking of substrate
- Excellent durability
- Strong adhesion
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES– when properly prepared and primed
- Cement Render & other rendered surfaces
- Clay and Concrete Brickwork
- Concrete blocks
- Concrete Tilt Panel
- Off-form concrete
- Fibrous Cement Sheeting (Fibro/Blue board)
- Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, sound, free from contaminants including; oil, mould release, dust, dirt, silicone, mud, grease, salt, efflorescence, animal droppings and any loose or flaking material.
- In case of Concrete Tilt-up or Pre-cast panels ensure and confirm Bond Breaker/mould release agents are present or not, if present use JPS Breaker to first remove the Bond Breaker before applying JPS Coatings HP Me(refer to JPS Breaker data sheet)
- All substrates other than freshly applied texture must be primed, normally with JPS Coatings Primer.
- Where substrates are chalky &/or prone to dusting JPS Coatings Grip-Coat must be used.
- Mix thoroughly before use
- HP Membrane may be applied by brush, roller and airless spray. A 20mm nap roller is used depending on the type of surface being coated, for texture effect use “fine” or “coarse” texture roller.
- Typical Airless Spray set up is: Graco Ultra 500 using 23-25 thou spray tips at a 2500 psi.
- Apply one coat of JPS Coatings HP Membrane evenly and let it dry for 24 hours before recoating (drying time depends on thickness)
- JPS Coatings HP Membrane must only be applied in air temperatures between 10℃ and 30℃ on a dry substrate and must be protected from rain and frost for the first 24 hours or finished work must be protected from rain, frost and severe weather conditions until fully dried
- Avoid application in full sun or hot, windy conditions
- Apply at recommended spreading rate to ensure optimum performance
Do not apply JPS Coatings HP Membrane on concrete panels directly if concrete panels are coated with Bond Breaker/mould release agents.
*This product is not recommended for Floors
15 Litre Pail/Drum Coverage
*1.6 to 4m2 per litre
*25 to 60 m2 per 15L pail/bucket
Nap roller-60m2 per pail
Fine Texture Roller- 30m2 per pail
Coarse Texture Roller- 25m2 per pail
*Coverage rate will vary depending on the nature and porosity of the substrate.
PROPERTIES AND APPLICATION DATA
Appearance: White or coloured viscous liquid. Type: Water Based acrylic co-polymer emulsion Gloss Level: Matt / Low Sheen
Specific Gravity (nominal): ~1.23 – 1.42
(depending on which base & sheen level)
Volume Solids: @45.00%
Weight Solids: @ 57.00% Number of Coats: 1 or 2
Wet film per coat: min100 µm to 750 µm per coat Dry film per coat: 51 µm to 380 µm
Thinner: Not recommended Flammability: Non Flammable
Colour ~ Can be machine tinted to an extensive colour range, matched or can be factory tinted to order.
Toxicity ~ Lead free.
Shelf life (unopened pails) ~ 24 months from date of manufacture.
SAFETY, HANDLING AND TECHNICAL
Refer to Material Safety Data Sheets before use.
For further information on MSDS and technical support, call JPS Coatings on (03) 9357 6644 or visit www.jpstexturecoatings.com.au When working with JPS Coatings HP Membrane observe the usual precautions for handling acrylic water based products including:
- Avoid inhalation of the vapour, prolonged skin contact and particularly eye contact
- Wear protective clothing to minimize skin contact and wear goggles where splatter is likely
Where spills occur, soak up liquid spillage with sand/sawdust and dispose of in a sensible manner. Do not permit run-off to sewer, storm water or open bodies of water.
- Full pails are Wear protective footwear and seek assistance if necessary.
- Storage- no specific issues, store away from food and drink
FIRST AID MEASURES
If swallowed, wash out mouth with
Do NOT induce vomiting. Drink at least two (2) Glasses of water. Seek medical attention.
Wash with copious amount of water for 15 minutes holding eyelid(s) open. Take care not to rinse contaminated water into non- affected eye. Seek medical attention.
Advice to Doctor
TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Pack size: 15 Litre net in Plastic Pail Weight: @18-19.80Kg net
(depending on which base & sheen level)
Flash point: NA UN Number: NA
Dangerous Goods Class: NA Package Group: NA
Shipment Name : Non- dangerous goods. No special transport requirements.
Storage: Store in a cool place with lid pressed in, above 4℃ and below 35℃, do not stack more than three high.
- JPS Coatings provides a material only replacement warranty caused by any defect in manufacture when used in conjunction with the full Coating System for a period of ten years when applied correctly by a skilled and experienced applicator in accordance with all current application recommendations, but not limited to, substrate type and preparation, application rates and methods, prevailing weather conditions and protection of finished work. Application dates, product batch numbers and quantities must be recorded and supplied as a minimum to commence potential product failure investigation
- JPS Coatings cannot accept responsibility for variations in colour, strength, appearance or workability resulting from on-site mixing procedures and substrate con Please check the colour before use, the applicators is responsible for applying the correct colour.
- JPS Coatings provides no warranty to colour fastness towards fading for dark yellows, organic red’s and other colours based on certain pigment dispersions, it is the responsibility of the customer/applicator to ensure with JPS Coatings the light fastness of the colour before placing order
- JPS Coatings provides no warranty, expressed or implied, against damage due to movement of the substrate or structure
The information provided herein is considered correct at the time of publication. It is the responsibility of those using this information to check that it is current prior to specifying or using any of the products or coating systems.